Week One - Remote Learning


It's been a crazy week for us all. Just over a week ago I left school at noon to pick up my daughter from her college that had just closed for the year and my son from the airport because his Junior National cross country skiing and Nordic combined championship competitions had been cancelled, and he was told that he had 24 hours to leave California.  When I left school that Friday, I thought I would be returning the following Monday.  By the time I drove to Massachusetts, I had an email that Westshire was cancelled for students the following Monday and teachers would meet to discuss how to implement remote learning IF the schools closed.  By Monday schools were closed until April 6th.  WOW!  I don't know about you guys, but my head is turning with how quickly things have changed in less than two weeks, and I foresee more changes coming down the line.

If you all are anything like me, I go between enjoying time with my family to stressing about work, back to enjoying the time at home and then onto a different concern.  That's only magnified with the rest of my family going through similar ups and down (not always at the same time as mine).  We are all under a lot of stress right now whether it is being worried about the unknown nature and length of these changes, financial concerns, or having kids home and trying to balance taking care of them, running the normal house hold chores, and, in many cases, trying to work from home on top of it all.  Please take a little time for yourself, even if it is only a few minutes to step away from the kids, the computer, and the news...  Take a breath!  We will get through this and hopefully we will all learn a lot from it and come out on the other end a bit stronger.

Take a minute to enjoy some pictures of our preschoolers enjoying "remote learning".  And don't forget to share the pictures with your kids.  I'm sure they miss their friends and would love to see what they doing.

 
Looks like G. is having fun cracking open crystals to see what's inside!

  
        M. enjoys reading a book AND sorting by shapes

Looks like a math game to me!


 
A. is training her mom in the morning routine: "We have a morning message board, circle time, reading, share time and then of course pages in the workbook and the tracing packet and lots of outside time."

K. digs into his school bag for something fun to do.

 M.'s morning message... you can be the Leader of the Day EVERY day!


A little indoor physical activity for C. and her sister!  Now she's hard at work!   

J. got a new puppy!!!  Now that is exciting!

Sugaring with the new puppy.  Has he tried any of the syrup?


N.'s morning message!  Now that is a white board N! Wow! Draw on!

 Farm chores for N.  Lucky you!

          S. and her sister help dad boil! That looks like some hard figuring going on there S.


More outdoor play for S. and her sister.  Looks like a square out of wood to me.


Healthy snacks!


My son, Evan, and I took a run/ride today.  You know you're getting old when you can hardly keep up with your son while he runs... and you're riding your bike.


Catching some rays!
Now that's the way to keep up with your son... strap him to you.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gross Motor

Southworth Park