Fun at the River



Fun at the River
We've visited the river three times already this fall.  The kids have had a ball digging in the sand, building with the rocks, drawing with sticks, getting wet, and throwing rocks into the water.  While playing at the river we explore concepts like: why do bigger rocks typically make bigger splashes? Does the splash size change if I drop the rock from a higher place? How many rocks can I stack before they fall (count the rocks)? How can I make a tower that is higher? What happens when I pour water into the sand?  Where does it go? I want the shovel my friend has. What should I do? 
These are only a few of the concepts that the kids work on while having fun and playing.  Who knew you could learn so much when you play!






 














 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gross Motor

Southworth Park